Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2020

phobias project

A. 1. What is a Phobia?      a phobia is fear of something

B. List and define 5 phobias from The Phobia List: http://phobialist.com
Sociophobia- Fear of society or people in general.

Spermatophobia or Spermophobia- Fear of germs.

Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps.

Scotophobia- Fear of darkness. (Achluophobia).

Acrophobia- Fear of heights.

C. Brainstorm on your blog possible ideas for your Phobia photo.

megalophobia- the fear of tall things.
Scotophobia- Fear of darkness. (Achluophobia).
Isolophobia- Fear of solitude, being alone.



Things to consider:

Figure(s) & Object(s) (which should reveal something of the phobia in the photo)
Format: horizontal vs Vertical
Subject Placement: Rule of Thirds, balance, ???
Background - what will be behind your subjects?
Point of View - where you place the camera, and what perspective do you want your viewers to see?
Lighting: create mood/feeling
Clothing: can suggest personal style/career profession
Subject: mannerism, reactions, expressions, and body language

Plan three different shoots with three different phobias. What will you shoot, who will model, how will you show the phobia in the photo, where will you shoot these images? Please detail this out in a paragraph for each phobia (remember you will shoot and turn in three photos).



for fear of tall things, I will take a photo of the tall building in downtown Austin. I will get right under it to make it look ominous like it is looming me. there might be someone in the photo. it will be a vertical photo. or I might have someone stand under it to convey the enormous size of the buildings. i will place the camera very low to show the sheer height of the buildings.

for fear of darkness it will take the photo in my room with no lights on but a single light like my phone flashlight or something small. I might stand behind the light to show that there is something in the light and you are not alone. shot horizontally.

for the fear of being alone, I will take a photo of me either in the street or on the sidewalk completely alone with no one in the street. I will try to take it when it is cloudy or darker outside to make it seem more ominous to show that there is very no color or people. shot horizontally.  I will wear very dark clothing. I will hang my head down to show like I'm sad or something.




D. What photographic techniques can you use to help highlight your images? Come up with one idea for each of your three photos you will take.

for the fear of tall things, I will place the subject in the bottom corner using the rule of thirds. 
for the fear of darkness, there will be very little to see in the first place 
for the fear of being alone, i will use balance 

No comments:

Post a Comment